Sunday 29 April 2012

This weekend I....

We were lucky enough to have a long weekend in South Africa - Friday being Freedom Day and Tuesday is Workers Day & I think I am the only silly one who didn't take leave tomorrow (I don't want to waste my leave when I do not have anywhere specific to go)

This is what I have been getting up to:
I contemplated cutting a fringe - but decided to let my mom do it instead
I cut my nails short and painted them a nice dark blue - unusual colour choice for me
I watched Mirror Mirror - absolutely loved Julia Roberts, she stole the show. Hated the Bollywood type ending. It was so out of place & "Snow White" did it no justice
I started reading The Hunger Games and I cannot tear myself away
I copied all my cds onto my hard drive and have now donated them to the SPCA - and I have also freed up alot of much-needed space
I have seriously scrutinised my finances and made a few money-saving choices - not easy, but necessary since the cost of living is getting more and more expensive
I am being realistic and have thrown out all the clothes that do not fit me as I am just making myself feel worse when I look at them
I cleaned out my entire apartment and ruthlessly thrown things away that I don't absolutely need or use. It is amazing how much accumulates. I am now super organised.
I cried over old memories while de-cluttering. Old letters from my grandmother, special notes from school mates telling me how much I meant to them and wishing me luck out here in the big bad world.
I looked through old photo albums - these take up so much space but these are the memories that will continue into a future that my family will always be a part of.
I spent time in the sun with my kitty cats - just loving them.
I hardly picked up my cellphone - to tweet, BBM or sms. It was a welcome break
I began watching Season 4 of Fringe and remember why I like Joshua Jackson so much
I cooked for myself, breakfast, lunch and dinner, from scratch.  I know, I am still waiting for it to snow.
I browsed a bookstore for over an hour & loved every minute of it
I went for my 4th Laser hair removal treatment and I am loving the results so far, cannot wait for the end so I can begin my next section.
I decided that I will be going on holiday this year - suggestions on the destination?

Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. I look so much better with a fringe . . . having said that I'm always getting one cut in and then growing it - and then getting it cut back in . . . why are we never happy with our hair?!

    I love looking through my old photo albums; I could never get rid of them.

    I'm someone else who loves a good unrushed browse through a book store.

    And finally!

    I haven't read The Hunger Games yet, but I'm starting to be more and more tempted by it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.