Thursday 11 August 2011

What doesn't kill you...

...makes you stronger... & fitter.

I have always joked about being the last person on earth to ever join a gym, and here I am - 2 weeks into it & actually really enjoying it.
I have yet to see any results (in fact I have picked up weight & gained 4cm around my waist) but I do feel better and I can see an improvement in my muscle tone as well as my skin.
Why haven't I lost any weight or cms? That is a good question! I secretly suspect my body is in absolute shock!
It isnt used to exercising or eating so much healthy vegetables and fruit!
My brother is a qualified Body For Life trainer & he is telling me not to worry, so I am not (yet)
We'll re-evaluate in a month and see what the results are then.
I take my iPod touch with me everyday & I must say; I don't think I would have been able to do 40 minutes cardio a day without my music.

The playlist is called: Shake that Crown (my nickname is Princess)
I need music that is loud and has a good beat to take my mind off the burning muscles

Some of the booty-shaking tunes in it are:
  1. Leave me Alone (I'm lonely) Pink
  2. Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
  3. Long Shot - Kelly Clarkson
  4. Love me Do - The Beatles
  5. Love Shack - The B52's - This one is my personal favourite - it gives an extra boost of energy when I hear it
  6. Never Say Never - Justin Bieber ft Jaden Smith (yes I am a closest Bieber fan - SOME songs - but I still dont like him)
  7. Animal - Neon Trees
  8. Over You - Daughtry
  9. Pocket Full of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
  10. Rise above This - Seether
What songs get you moving?
Photobucket

2 Comments:

  1. livin' on a prayer is one of my all-time favorite songs! i wish we could all look skinny without having to go to the gym, then every thing will just be fine, right?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Bon Jovi! :-)

    Someday.... someone will invent a skinny pill that actually works!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.