Wednesday 13 April 2011

3 weddings in 2 months....

.... and I know only 1 couple!

Being a bit chubby of late, none of my pretty dresses really fit me & these days I am not so sure what to wear because inevitably I get to a wedding and the guests are all a mishmash of clothing styles.

The last wedding said Smart dress and 3 women pitched up in jeans!

I am begging for enlisting the urgent help of you bloggers out there.

Wedding number 1: This Saturday (Tee asked me today thanks to her date dropping out at the last minute with a lame-ass excuse about having to work)

Wedding starts at 14:00, dress code Smart.
The one dress I could fit into (pink halterneck with sparkles*), I wore at her birthday party last year and all her family saw me in it & her mom commented on it.

Option 1: Other pink and white dress with handkerchief skirt*?
Option 2: Black pants with black top with silver sequins

Wedding number 2: 23 April, afternoon reception, dress code Smart Casual
These are old school friends - so I am under alot of pressure!

This is where I need your suggestions my blogging friends!!
What on earth do I wear to make a good impression and look great?
Is this my excuse to go out and buy that skirt from Big Blue (at R500 a pop nogal)

Wedding number 3: 21 May, evening portuguese wedding, dress code Smart
The portuguese usually go big, so I am guessing a cocktail dress would work here?
My pretty black dress definitely doesn't work, because I look and feel like a stuffed sausage.
My favourite burgundy dress from my 30th* - same sausage look and WAY too much cleavage!
Would my pink halterneck help me here?*

Looking forward to your suggestions my friends! Heck I feel wild & could say - give me the best wedding outfit & I will .... TA DA DAAA!!! ....send you a photograph of what I really look like GASP!

Yeah I know, not very motivating, but considering that I am an anonymous blogger, at least you will know what I look like!

*Wanna know what these dresses look like? Go HERE

2 Comments:

  1. Not sure if I am a good help, but this is what I suggest:

    Wedding 1 - pink dress. I always prefer dresses to a wedding as you feel prettier and it's the best time to be girly. Pants are for old grannies

    Wedding 2 - I say again, wear a cute feminine dress. Something flowy, comfortable and pretty that you will wear again. Love Big Blue so I say do it! Or forever new?

    Wedding 3- a long dress. Something elegant. I think black would be good.

    Good luck and enjoy!!
    I have to dress for an Eastern Cape bush wedding in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what finances and shopping choices are available but, I would buy a solid color shift dress with short sleeves and a scooped neck. Change the shoes, belt, scarf, jewelry for each wedding. If someone had the bad taste to attend and comment that it's the same dress tell them it's your tradition to buy one wedding attending dress per season and this is it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.