Tuesday 1 February 2011

Eden - Running Away



Everyone always asks me about Eden - my all time favourite South African Band.

Starting out as a boy-band - they soon developed their own style and are now a Band. Nothing boyish about them.

Sexy and talented - Johan Vorster writes all the songs for the group - winning a SAMA (South African Music Award) and numerous other awards and nominations.
Johan and Sean own their own Record company - Mozi Records and have produced a number of successful South African artists - Bok Van Blerk and Lianie May to name a few.

They made it big in 2001 with a song called Point of No Return - everybody thinking it was a Westlife song.

They branched out into the Afrikaans market and have been really successful, with all their albums going platinum.

Above is my all time favourite Eden song called Running Away - written about a band member (Sean Else - the shaven blonde guy in the video no longer with them) and the tumultuous relationship he had with his ex girlfriend and mother of his child - the passion is so easy to feel.

Johan is my absolute favourite - I adore him - he is quiet, intelligent and so sexy. He is the guy who gets shot right in the beginning.... Enjoy! (*Seems the link doesn't always work - check out my video bar above, or search them on YouTube)

First verse:
You speak of love, I speak of passion - how can it be the same thing
You turn out the light when I want to watch you, you say we all want the same thing.
But you can't find the words in the air that surrounds you
And in your silence you drown
Know I'm not saying these things just to hurt you - but thats just the way we are.


My knees go weak as I sing the song in my head - too beautiful....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.