Thursday 29 July 2010

Engagement rings



A fellow blogger Love & Stuff wrote about her love for weddings and as much as I was in a bad mood today - the thought of weddings cheered me up.


I have subsequently spent the next hour playing online looking at ring designs, wedding dresses, bridesmaids dresses - anything wedding related - I gobble it up!

My friend AC and I even have our own Event Planning company - recently established. Weddings are my Passion, ever since I was a little girl. To this day I have random wedding dreams.

A few years ago I dreamt that I was at a strange fairytale hotel and all 7 storues had different weddings going on. To this day I still remember all the decor and colour schemes. I am itching to plan some of these weddings. I have so many ideas and themes and because I am hoping to get married only once in my lifetime, I will have to plan them for someone else.

Themes include:
Winter Wonderland - fairy lights, crystals, frosted glasses, royal blue and silver
Morrocan: Rich golds, and ruby reds, emerald green with lanterns and chiffon everywhere
Hollywood Vintage wedding: Think of the glam times of the Marilyn Monroe, Greta Garbo, Elizabeth Taylor era. Long gloves, red lips and perfectly coiffed hair.
Springtime Delights: A hot air balloon, picnics on the lawn and lovely springtime decor. Soft pinks, greens blues and yellows with polka dots and Sun hats.

I once even videographed a wedding - that was a blast!


Above is the ring I would like one day - with 1 small change - the band will curl to the top and bottom of the diamond respectively - like so:
But look at how cute this ring is - pink diamonds are so expensive - so if I meet a millionaire, this is the ring I would like in a Platinum setting - isn't she just so pretty?!


*Sigh* I love weddings

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 Comments:

  1. Love the ring you want!! Really unique and it's just stunning.
    You have an event planning thing on the side....mmmm might just call on you someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claudz

    Thanks man - look forward to it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I love that pink diamond **drool**

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can spend hours looking at engagement rings on the net. These are gorgeous, especially the first one!

    PS thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.