Saturday 14 August 2010

Dear Friday the 13th... Bite Me!



A fear of Friday the 13th is called- Paraskavedekatriaphobia (say what?)


I have always kinda liked Friday the 13th because I usually have good days. I got my brand new Ka on Friday the 13th and had to drive through the middle of dodgy Jhb and nothing bad happened.


Until yesterday.


I went to the doc on Tuesday for my ear infection and the antibiotics, eardrops and painkillers werent helping - in fact it was getting worse, so much so that Wed and Thursday night I was up the whole night crying because the pain was so severe.
Off to doc yesterday who says I have a huge absess blocking the ear canal and it could have infiltrated the eardrum.
Books me an emergency operation but because the surgeon is full I need to sit and wait at the hospital.
I am in agony in the waiting room and eventually I cant take it and burst into tears again.
Because I had been holding the impulse in I think it built up pressure because as I started crying - the absess burst.
Next thing I know, bright green gunk (sorry for the imagery) is coming out my ear.
The doc took me in and under a microscope sucked it all out - that was not a pleasant experience at all.
He then injected cortisone into both my nostrils - under the skin - ow! 
He checked my ear pressures - 90 and 130 - the norm is 10.
I have a nasal spray that I have to use to get rid of my post nasal drip - this is what blocked the tube in my ear stopping it from draining.
As I came out of the surgery I received an sms from BD (an ex of mine) his dad had died from a heart attack.


I got home and my mom calls to tell me that my brother had been in a car accident.
He drove into the back of a stationary vehicle in the middle of the road who had no lights on.
luckily my brother is uninjured due to him driving the company van - which I think helped to protect him.


What a day!


I go back for a check up on Tuesday to see that everything inside my ear is doing ok. I am on another course of antibiotics, the pain is not as intense as before but I am still totally deaf in my ear.
We are flying to Ballito on Wednesday night and I really hope I will be ok to fly - it is my 1st holiday since April - and desperately needed!


Just a thought? Why green stuff, why couldnt the body discharge something prettier... like pink or purple?

5 Comments:

  1. Yeah pink or purple would be SO much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! i'm so sorry that you had a horrific day! hopefully the next few weeks (friday the 13th or not) will be better. and yeah, pink or purple (and those are not even my colors!) is better than a shrek-like bright green gunk any given day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, lady - this all is not good happenings, I'm sorry :( But the last sentence made me smile, that would certainly be better - maybe even with glitter involved. Heal fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading your post and then getting your to your last comment / question, I had to lauh. My hat off to you for still being able to smile after everything you've been through!

    I hope you recover in time for your holiday *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better on this sunny Monday! Poor thing having all this happen to you...
    Positive vibes ~~~you're going to Balito - ENJOY~~~~

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.