Friday 6 August 2010

Childbirth & Breastfeeding

With me becoming an aunty in a few months the talk seems to be revolving around childbirth, baby names & breastfeeding.
Oh boy....
I am still on the fence about childbirth - whether to pop it out or slice it open.
Frankly both options freak me out.
I had my appendix out 2 years ago and that cut through the muscle was sore for months - there goes slice it.
Squeezing a watermelon out of ..."down there" which is the size of a lemon ... at a push? (excuse the pun) - those bits won't ever be the same! There goes Pop it.


Breastfeeding:
This really grosses me out.
I am not sure why, but for me my breasts are... ornaments. Meant to be enjoyed. Not udders.
My friend pipes up today, " This is why you get milk in a shop!"
Yes I am aware of the nutritional benefits and I fully agree with it, but I remember visiting a distant friend of mine in hospital and she whipped it out to let baby feed and I was so grossed out!

I guess things will be different when I have my own, at this rate I am happy to wait for the Stork story to become a reality.

Baby Names:
My little girl will be named Layla
My little boy was always going to be Tyler or Ethan, until my "friend" named her son Tyler Ethan.
After she knew my names.
I guess my husband can pick the son's name - I quite like Dylan.....

1 Comments:

  1. You've made me giggle!

    The best option is a natural birth, that's what our bodies were designed to do, although you can be every last penny you've got that I'd be screaming for an epidural. Either that or having a section! I have a few friends who've had sections - for medical reason, not their original choice - and they've all said that if you get up and moving as soon as you can, then they're fine. Hmm . . .

    Breasts have become so sexualized; they are supposed to be for feeding babies, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.