Monday 11 August 2014

Through the Dark

Through the Dark

I think we all have days like this: You find yourself wondering whether you should just pack it up and start anew.

Depression is something most of us feel at some stage in our life - some worse than others.

It could be hormonal, psychological or chemical.

My friend was diagnosed with Clinical Depression. She tried all manner of medication, nothing worked.

One day she says to me, "I WILL be happy" It worked for her. If only it was that easy for everybody!

Occasionally I find myself going through dark, low periods in my life.
I become a hermit. I retreat into my safe world of fluffy PJs and my cat and as much as I know that I need to snap out of it, I cannot. I know I need to wait for it to pass naturally on its' own.
Having family & friends as well as a busy job helps to a certain degree.
Without always realising that you are feeling down in the dumps, these people help you to ignore the sadness and get on with it.
I really do feel sympathy for those who don't have these.

Do you go through down periods? What do you do to overcome it?

1 Comments:

  1. bit ironic you posted this the day that Robin Williams hangs himself after his battle with depression.
    I hear you, I know how you feel. it's good to be able to pick yourself up. it's ok to visit the dark side, but make sure you don't stay long and you come back to the light often

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.