Tuesday 19 August 2014

Pie & Lattes - What happened in Class 2

Class # 2. Different instructor, different routine.
More difficult!

This lady knows her stuff. She explains the breathing and the different techniques really well. but she is a machine. Sunday instructor likes to work the abs. Thursday instructor favours the legs, but her ab workouts are more intense.

Take the Egg* for example. You tuck your knees up against your chest and hold them close with your arms. You are precariously balancing on your butt... then you fall down like a heavy boulder gently roll back onto the mat and remaining in the tightly curled position - using your core muscles -  roll yourself back up into the original position. Supposedly.

I fell down and rocked back and forth on the floor like an egg that has fallen over. The more I tried to get back up, the more  just sputtered and rolled. I even said out loud "I look like a boiled egg!"

I was sore for 4 days after this session!

*Not the real exercise name, but it suits my purposes

I am happy to report that I am now able to do this exercise... barely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.