Tuesday 8 July 2014

2014: A Better Me

Part of my 2013 and 2014 Twenty Wishes was to work less and be happier.

I failed at it in 2013.

Halfway through the year & I am doing better in 2014.

I have only worked late a few days of the year so far.
No matter how huge my deadlines are and how crazy work has become, I refuse to work longer hours. I work through my lunch break and that is as far as my concession goes.

Strangely enough, both the CEO and MD have commented on how different I am.

A close work friend even called me up to ask if I was really ok because he doesn't recall seeing me this happy at work and was worried that I may be hiding some deep unhappiness. I had a good laugh at that, but was touched by the kind gesture.

I feel so much better. The work piles up. I do as much as I can. 2014 is my year, I gave my life to the company in 2013. I am taking it back in 2014.


Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. Ahhh I'm so glad you are working on the over working! We need to go for coffee!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.