Thursday 14 November 2013

Pink Your Drink CANSA Fundraiser

Table outside

Invite me to a event where anything pink is happening and I am so there. Tell me it's for a good cause and you won't have to ask me twice.

Sasha Martin and Sue Dudley from the Face Value Academy hosted a pretty "pink your drink" Tea Party in aid of Cancer awareness & their Academy launch on 27 October.

Pretty pink touches
The love could be seen in the small touches everywhere. The polka dot cups and awesome desserts and cookies were all in pink - my favourites were the rice-crispie squares! YUM!

Delicious Dessert - Fat free I am sure
Cookies, nougat  & free Cosmopolitan on this gorgeous table

I am in love with the polka dots

The cupcake decorating table was a hit and I am sure I was not the only one who was really excited about the sparkly fairy dust we could sprinkle atop our cupcakes!
Decorate your own cupcake
Finished cupcakes
The day was interspersed with a fun MC & very interesting talks ranging from Breast Self examinations to proper skincare & we were treated to a pink manicure complete with relaxing hand and shoulder massage.

While waiting for my skin-mapping by Dermalogica, I met a vivacious lady & soon to be blogger - Tammy. We chatted a mile a minute and even managed to set a shopping date for the near-future!

Made a new friend - Tammy
Sam, the Style Guru chatted to us about body image and showed us a stunning dress that can be worn 42 different ways.
After playing around with different styles, I wanted a dress for myself. I was about to steal that dress when I saw Tammy contemplating the same thing!
I would pay good money for a dress which looks different every time you wear it. I guess clothing designers make less money if we spend less on clothing - so they are keeping this idea under wraps!

We were also treated to a delicious Pink and Black Magnums. Deliciously sinful.

We did not go away empty handed either; Those of us who did not win 1 of the 20 Goody Bags - still each received a consolation (I use this term lightly) goody bag complete with some hand creams, body oil and Body Butter courtesy of BlendBox or KMS donated haircare products.
We were super-spoilt!
Gorgeous goody bags
Sue your bow demonstration was inspired and I cannot wait to try it out on all my Christmas presents!

Thank you for inviting me Sasha and Sue. The day was as lovely as you both!

To find out more about how Face Value Academy can benefit your daughter/younger sister/niece, visit their website

Sasha and Sue will make you feel very welcome!


Photobucket

2 Comments:

  1. This was a fun event!
    And I got to meet youuuu! :)
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the Cape Town one!! Yours seemed like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.