Monday 28 October 2013

Manicure Monday - Water Marbling Effect

Here is a classic example of getting ahead of yourself.

I read 1 tutorial on this, thought it sounded fun and decided to try it out. When looking for a step by step photo guide for this post - I found a great one with even better advice than the tutorial I had read.

Note, it says the level is: Advanced
I wouldn't have tried this if I had seen that!!

The results are pretty, but it is a very messy business and cutting out tons of sticky tape is very patience-orientated... something I do not posses.

This tutorial advises Vaseline -  Brilliant! Would work much better when you can coat Vaseline closer to the cuticle.

So if you are feeling brave enough and have some time to kill - here is what you do:


Source

Important to note: 
  1. Keep all polishes unscrewed so that you can work quickly and drop polish before it dries
  2. Don't drop polish from too high above the water - it drops to the bottom of the bowl
  3. When you use toothpick to marble - make sure you don't touch the outer ring (the 1st ring you dropped as it will be dry and ruin your pattern)
  4. Have extra toothpicks on hand in case you can't remove all the excess polish.
Now that you have seen the professional version - here is my attempt:

Varied patterns look pretty

My thumb

Do you have any tips to make this process easier?

Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. I want to try this!!!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.