Thursday 31 October 2013

Enough?

Am I doing enough?

Can I do more?

These are questions I ask myself often. I often wonder if I could do more/be more in people's lives.

I donate to charity where I can. I give advice and support to teenage girls.

I'm kind and caring to strangers and friends alike.

I shower my cat with love so that even though hundreds of animals out there are being badly abused, my animal will know the feeling of unconditional love.

I am an organ donor. A friend of mine has benefited from a new kidney. I would have tested to see if I were a match, however I learnt that a woman who has never had children before is not eligible to be a live organ donor. How interesting is that?

I work 10-11 hour days and I wish I was able to balance work and private life more, but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

I want to make a difference. More of a difference.

How do you make a difference?


Photobucket

6 Comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I always feel like I take things for granted and I'm not appreciative enough of what I have, yet everyone says I do more than enough for others and show my gratitude that way.

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose as long as we are aware, we will never become complacent! :-)

      Delete
  2. Now you've got me thinking!!!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give money to a local shelter that helps battered women and their children escape to somewhere safe while they try to rebuild their lives. I really do think though, that we can be made to feel as though we're never doing enough - and going by this blog, this is most definitely NOT the case with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Kate - that is a great cause!
      Thank you, you are right about society making us feel that we are not good enough, or don't do enough. This is why we all need supportive family and friends (like yourself) to remind of these things!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.