Tuesday 17 September 2013

Travel Tuesday - Knysna

South Africa is home to many beautiful places.

In 2006 my parents and I made a roadtrip to Knysna for my then boss' wedding.

We stopped at lots of little places and I took photos of the most gorgeous old churches. The funny thing with me: I don't go to church - I don't like church, yet I have a love of old churches!

The Old Dutch Style


The drive through this valley is breathtaking. We had to stop for toilet breaks and I caught my Dad on camera, so he made my Mom do the same to me - I will spare you those photos!
Beautiful Valley

Built: September 12, 1926

Died: 25 December 1885

Helen Page: Died 1882 - Only 21

Gorgeous old church

Bloukrans River Bridge - Highest commercial bungee jump in the world - 216m
And before you ask me - no I did not do this jump - I am not a Bungee jump fan!
 
Tsitsikama Forest
I took this photo lying on the floor - the tree was so big!

800 year old tree


Photobucket

2 Comments:

  1. I love Knysna and the Garden Route. Lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same; I don't go to church regularly, yet I love looking round grave yards! I think it's the history and finding out about people. I find it fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.