Tuesday 27 March 2012

Holiday Snaps - Part 2

Day 2 was a chock a block day of wine tasting & tipsiness.

Quoin Rock was a nice surprise as they had a "Secret Society" type room complete with round table in a round room, only lit with candles. The only natural light is from the oculus above that casts an eery glow on the table below.
Each alcove has something new - I would love to be able to host a function there. 


HQ Steak Restaurant - Heritage Square

Our Wine Purchases at Quoin Rock

The Oculus - Very "secret society"
 Muratie was so old, the cobwebs looked like pieces of chiffon draped everywhere. They even had the original Title Deed on the wall from 1699!
Muratie - a really oooold wine estate

Bet it looked like this in the 1600's
From olden days to posh estates - Waterford is where you expect to see horses & polo players accompanied by woman with huge hats.
We experienced an orgasmic wine & chocolate pairing & I finally saw how food and wine can compliment each other
Waterford Estates


The wine & Chocolate pairing gives you Turkish Delight!

Models?

Happy on Wine!

Clearly.... tired, not tipsy
 A set menu followed at Dornier and gave new meaning to the phrase "lazy lunch"  Service was a bit slow and if it weren't for the fact that we were drunk, we might have been more content to relax, but I think we were afraid of falling asleep at our table
Dornier - lunchtime
 This is a favourite of mine and i think if I had to get married at a wine estate (seeing as Waterford is a private venue) I would choose Asara.

The function area overlooks the lake and it is just too beautiful.
They also have the nicest macaroons - I bought 1 in each colour and a scoffed them all that night!
Asara

Asara - perfect for weddings

Photobucket

3 Comments:

  1. Wine tasting and tipsiness - that's my kind of vacation! Great to see you are both having a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Kate, it is SO nice to hear from you again! How are you?
    Are you well? How is Grace?
    I have thought of you so much lately!

    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Ms Flirty! I'm doing really well - and I am so impressed you even remembered Grace's name!! She's just great, coming up on her 1st Birthday on May 14th; I just have no idea where the time has gone! I hope those thoughts were good ones!

    (Oh, and I actually started blogging again, lol!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.