Friday 14 November 2014

Weekends in Jozi

When we think of a beautiful part of South Africa, we always automatically jump to Cape Town.
Wine Routes, green mountainside scenery and blue, sparkling seas are part & parcel of what makes the Cape a very popular holiday spot.

Unfortunately we don't all have a 2nd holiday home to stay in and the cost of flights and accommodation becomes a bit pricey if we wanted a regular break away.

Johannesburg is very under-estimated by many. Not only is it an exciting, cosmopolitan city, but it also has its' fair share of beautiful spots and fun activities to enjoy.

Tiago and I have made it our mission to have a picnic (or at least a drink and a snack) in as many parks as we can in Johannesburg.

I am also enjoying the variety of events that take place in Jhb. 

With all the pressures of careers and all these responsibilities we have as adults, it becomes very easy to fall into an unhealthy routine and before we know it, our spare time is filled with television and a couch (not that this is a bad thing... Just not all the time)

If you find yourself nodding along to this statement - then I challenge you to get out of your comfort zone and discover a beautiful picnic spot of your own. 
It is a beautiful time of the year now - get out there and soak up some sunshine and happy vibes... Don't forget the sunblock!

Ps: I'll be making a concerted effort to blog again. I miss it and I really need to take control of my life again. I'm committing myself to once a week. Pop by every Tuesday and give me some encouragement ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.