Tuesday 13 March 2012

Harmless Flirting

Last night I had a conversation with a friend of mine about Flirting.

I am a natural flirt (hence my username) and I really don't see any harm in it if it doesn't go any further.
I can't imagine being married and not being allowed to at least flirt with a member of the opposite sex.
Look at the menu but eat at home, right?

I love having this conversation with both men and woman alike, because the opinions seem to vary greatly.

Men think there is nothing wrong with flirting, and 1 even went a far as saying that a kiss is harmless flirting... mmmh I am not sure what your girlfriend would day about that!

An ex boss of mine used to kiss other women all the time and claimed that it was harmless flirting because a: she never found about it, b: he never kissed these women in public where his wife could ever find out.

At first I was horrified, then after being in a really boring 3 year relationship, I got to thinking, perhaps kissing somebody else gives you that excitement which is lost and is just enough of the "forbidden" which keeps you from doing something worse, like sleeping with another person.

Guess it is easy to think that way when you are in a boring relationship though isn't it?

Perhaps the moral there, is make an effort to keep the relationship interesting or get out.

Woman were mostly horrified at the prospect of flirting with another man when they are in a relationship - yet I wonder how many of them flirt harmlessly without even realising they are doing it.
We women know how to flutter our eyelashes, give a beguiling smile and ta-da we get a free drink or whatever.

I like flirting. It gives me a chance to sparkle and connect with another human being. I love the delicious thrill of the clever banter and the subtle nuances that bounce back and forth.

Give it a try - Be it that hot sexy waiter, or the 80 year old man sitting next to you at the sushi counter.

Bring out your inner mischievous self - Keep it platonic and make someone feel good.

Happy Flirting!


Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.