Monday 18 July 2011

Goddess Maybe.Domestic Goddess - Never!

As a way to cheer my friend up after being dumped over Blackberry Messenger (yes really) I promised my friend M that I would cook for him. From Scratch.

I am single woman - a social butterfly. I do not cook from scratch - what is the point? Woolworths' (Marks & Spencer) livelihood depends on us single people to support them.

They do a lovely array of steam dishes that take a whole 2 minutes to heat. Chicken, veggies... you name it. They have pre-packed soup and vegetable mixes, all you need is a pot and voila!

But being dumped calls for some good ol' fashioned cooking.

Now I can cook a mean roast chicken if I do say so myself, so I decided to try something a bit different.
Our local supermarket stocks a Roasting bag complete with spices, so I decided to give it a try.

Lemon & Italian Herbs. Chicken goes into bag, bag securely tied.


Shake bag to evenly coat chicken .... not such a good idea

The bag tore, chicken bounced onto the counter coating my Blackberry in spices.

Plan B: Cook in tin foil.

Worked out well in the end - M was impressed & after dinner we looked through old school albums and reminisced about the past.
Got to bed at 4am - who knew I still had it in me!?

 Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. i love the "goddess maybe and domestic goddess never" title. totally cracked me up. though i know how to cook and my food usually tastes good, i don't usually do the whole domestic thing unless i am living with a bf, which i did years ago. seriously, i have no time and if i do, i'd probably be eating it for three days because it's sooo goddamn much food.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.