Thursday 9 December 2010

Christmas Wishes


With times being tough all around I actually have a simple wish list this year:

Foundation - mine is finished.
Flat black "ballet" pumps - mine have seen better days
Pretty girly slip slops - Ipanema has nice ones - mine are broken
Lime Green, Lumo Pink Nail polish for fingers and toes
Little Black and white Cardigan - to wear over some of my casual clothes to "workify" them. That way I don't have to buy new work clothes, just revamp some existing clothes.
A new handbag - preferably Guess but I might be settling for something ALOT cheaper*
Duvet set - mine are all over 4 years old and looking very sad.

* My parents need a break away. I am worried that my dad is working too hard trying to make ends meet and instead me being selfish and wanting an extremely overpriced bag, I would like to take that R1000 and let them use it for a little holiday break.
My dad is 66 and still works full time. He drives around the country alot and I figured that on 1 of his trips to Durban or Cape Town they can use the money for accommodation at a little B&B and have some money for dinner.
That is my plan - I always buy them a present from Father Christmas - and I reckon this year, Father Christmas does not need a Guess handbag!

3 Comments:

  1. cardigans are alwayyyys on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate our this Christmas feels so dampened by the poor state of budgets. My family's wish list
    For me to get a job
    For my brother to be paid his salary
    And for the woman who stole from my parents to pay some of it back so they can get on their feet again.

    Hope you find the shoes and cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year I have told my friends not to buy me any gifts, but to give the money to whomever they believe needs it more. I have also cut my shopping budget in half and am giving the saved half to a food bank. I have a warm comfortable place to live and there is food in the pantry. Through no fault of their own, there are people who are struggling mightily.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.